Monday, February 7, 2011

Teach in Mexico Testimonial - by Umeshaa P.

"My favourite aspect of this whole experience has been quite simply the people: their sweet gestures and earnest smiles make all the difference. Coming from a individualistic, classically Western point of view, it has been so very humbling to be invited into their values of family and love. Though I still manage to fill my days to maximum potential with volunteer sessions, working out, going to the market, what-have-you, it's interestingly enough almost comforting to see a people content with a much slower pace in life. Just being surrounded by it is peaceful, when I was living in the small town of Sahuayo as in the large city of Xalapa. The sound pollution, the un-hygienically displayed chickens in the kiosks, everything that is so overwhelming at first, melts into a white noise, becoming tranquil.  It has been such a self-revelatory experience and I have loved it!" - Ume P. (August-Dec., 2010)

No comments: