Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Ratatouille - by Stephanie Pratt

Bonjour!

I met up with lindsey a couple of times and we have a blast together! I'm so glad i have a friend here. The first day we got completley lost and ended up somehow in a forest. Then we headed to Batille and bought some new shoes (lindseys feet were hurting) that were really expensive but completley worth it. Then we had a beer at a random pub and chatted. Later the waiter informed us it was happy hour and asked if we'd like a cocktail. Lindsey asked what the most periasan drink was because we wanted what everyone else drinks... MOJITOS! not very french i thought, but i guess very hip right now in Paris. I had a strawbery one and lindsey had a kiwi one. After that we got a bagette from a bakery and it was soooooooo good. Later we found our way to the effile tower where we shared some wine right underneath it! It was amazing and it was all glowing, it was so beautiful! We evuentually made our way home and somehow the metro was easier since we had the wine haha. I go home and have a nice sleep. The next morning is my first day with the kids and its tough but fun. They are pretty well behaved and play with each other. Sometimes i stuggle thinking of things to do, i feel like i should be spending every second with them but i know thats a little extreme. As long as i know where they are and they are okay, i'm okay. I mean we can barley speak. I helped Margaux make a house out of legos and showed Chloe my favorite show when I was young, Sailor moon duh!!
Soon Claire and David came home and I was on my way to meet lindsey again. This time we just got completly as lost as we could get and roamed in circles around the effile tower and the bridges on the Seine. It was really fun but very tiring and after walking so much we worked up and apetit and had a late dinner at a little cafe that you could see the effile tower from. It was really nice. I went home again, after for the past days its just been me and the kids. Except last night, to the advice of my friends bobby i went by myself to the downtown part of Le Vesinet to have a coffee.

Claire and David are everything I could hope to have as a host family, they are nice and respectful and also very helpful and accommodating. I got lucky to have such a great family to live with here. But despite all the fun I've had so far, and the fun i know thats coming I still have trouble with homesick, which is part of the experience. This is and email i sent my mom last night.
"I know they are very nice too. Im really insecure about what i do so when i do something wrong i feel really really bad and like they'll be mad or something but they never do. I guess they understand this is new for me. Like today when they got home from work i asked if they minded if i went to the downtown of le vesinet to get a coffee and claire said to make sure im home early so im not tired which is totally understandable and i think it was because on sunday i came home like at 1130esh and idk if that made them mad.. I cam home early tonight like at 930 i want even gone for an hour because i was scared. Its stupid things like this that make me feel bad and i know they arent mad. i feel like an intruder or something. UGH i wish i felt more comfortable and they do everything that should make me feel welcome. Claire got me two books about paris one about all these free places i can go and one that explains all the distrects of paris with detailed maps. It was really nice but i dont fell like i deserve it. I wish i was at home sometimes with you and dad and courtney. will you tell the boys i love them and miss them too!!! I know they dont really care but i miss every little thing about home. Our dirty floors, logan, the cats, our wrapping paper window. I miss you guys so much and i cant wait for you to visit. Idk what im going to do for christmas im pretty sure they are going to a family thing which of course they should and its totally resonable that i would go i wouldnt even want to go. but i'll just be here alone... maybe lindsey will be here and i will feel okay on christmas. I love you so much!!!"


These feelings i know are part of my experience, but i hope they pass soon. On a brighter note, here are some more pictures!!!!! :)

















No comments: