Saturday, September 25, 2010

Mimi- by Current Au Pair in France Stephanie Pratt

You are my only friend. You are the only one who will always come when I call, how will sit with me while i'm sad, who listens to my worries and never interrupts. The only one who doesn't judge me for my confusion. I feel like my brain needs a vacation from worries, and stressed feelings of acception. I think i'm to focused on others and not focused enough on myself.

Today so far has been lazy, until I remember that the family has gotten back from a weekend with out doing laundry. I started one load and will probably have at least 4 to do today, and thats not including mine. I did the dishes, picked up the house a little and watched some mulan. I hope i can go to Lindsey's house in a minute or two, she wants to teach me rummy. It's strange some of the things I miss, and some of the things i thought that I would miss and dont. I miss beign able to go anywhere at anytime with any of my good friends. I miss how easy it was to just do whatever. I know its because i'm just meeting new people making new friends. Its just hard.

So far with the people i've meet i've had a lot of fun. Me and Lindsey hang out often since we live close. We can go out and have lunch and talk and do whatever and its still fun. This past weekend we went to a bar in paris, and chatted with some french guys. It was cool to try and speak french haha. At first they told us ohhh ugh sorry, je ne parle pas l'Anglais. and we were like ugghh oh no. after a couple of minutes of horrible french conversation the guy was like HAH just kidding i can speak english. It was really funny. after a while they dissapeared and lindsey and i parted, i went home she went to a friends house to say in Paris. The next night i went to a bar and to a party with an old friend from highscool. It was soooo fun, i ended up busting the seam in my already broken shirt and spilled wine on it, but it was just evidence of a fun night.

Today i'm just sitting, and waiting for the next thing to happen. A lot of my time is spent waiting and i'm tired of waiting.

Thank you mimi for being such good company, your meows bring a smile to my face.

Stephanie Pratt
Au Pair
France

No comments: