Monday, December 6, 2010

Great- by Current Au Pair in France Stephanie Pratt

Sorry it's been so long, I have no excuses except that I'm just living. My computer was broken though for a little while, but I think even if it was fixed I would have been distracted. Distracted is the perfect word for how I feel. I can't concentrate on anything because I have so many thoughts swimming around my head right now.

Unfortunately I'm still dealing with awkwardness in the house but I think I'm the only one who feels it. There are just some things I don't understand I guess. I feel uncomfortable sometimes but I think I'm just having trouble letting myself be seen in anyway other than as an employee which is not the point of the placement. I'm getting better every day at opening up to this wonderful family and I think that they are starting to see my efforts to connect with them.

On another thought, I went on a vacation not too long ago at the end of October. I went to Berlin, Koln, to Brussels and back to Paris. It was AMAZING. In Berlin I got to see an amazing exhibit on Hitler at the National Museum there. In Koln I walked to the top of the Koln Dom. Why? I don't know but after a 97 m hike up the tiniest whirliest stair case my legs were shaking and I could barely walk. It was worth the hike though and it was an amazing view in a beautiful church. In Brussels I went to see a friend's band play, did I mention I was with my friend the whole time? No? Okay well I was with emmie; she's best friends with my best friends older sister. She lives in Berlin, and since I moved to Paris it made sense to meet up at least once. Anyway, so in Brussels I went to see a band on Halloween, dressed up as Rudolph the red nosed reindeer. I unfortunately have no pictures of me in my costume. But I did a photo project and tried to take a Polaroid of every gas station we stopped at. I got back to Paris November 1st, and now I've been working, floating around, going to school and day dreaming of my next excursion to London.

I warned you I feel distracted, I'm changing subjects now. Paris has been wonderful to me and I'm looking forward to this Friday evening. I found some good clubs and bars that play actual music and not ONLY techno. Thank goodness. Tonight me and my friend Lindsey are going to do the twist and maybe shout. By shout I mean invite these French boys we meet that are new to Paris as well. Oh la la Paris has so much to do. I wish I was just a little closer to Paris. I have nothing to do until tonight. I'm tight on money so I can't go entertain myself by shopping and it is almost not worth it to go into Paris, come home to eat and get ready and go back. That is easily and hour and a half of just travel time. Le Vesinet is beautiful but come on the only young spot is closed right now to be re-modeled. Just my luck. So my options are to browse through expensive old lady stores, browse through the monoprix, go to a park and freeze, eat (but I shouldn't because I'm bored or spend the money) or sit at home. I chose sit at home.

Well, look at these pictures now.







Stephanie Pratt
Au Pair
France

.

No comments: