Tuesday, December 14, 2010

My Experience Teaching English Abroad- by Current Teacher in China Luan

My name is Luan Lierman and I'm currently teaching in China. I first came to Yantai, China in 2008 with Cultural Embrace. Believe it or not, it's already been two years and China's become my home away from home.

I graduated from College in the summer of 08' and found myself wondering, "what's the next step?" I didn't have a teaching degree instead I had an International Business degree so firstly, I wanted to improve my language ability. Secondly, where's the best place to do business? China! I went online and typed in, "Jobs in China." Well, all I could find was teach, teach, teach.

Then I saw the Cultural Embrace website that caught my eye for several reasons. It wasn't just about teaching abroad. Cultural Embrace is about travelling and learning a new culture. After reading the purpose of Cultural Embrace, I felt I not only wanted to go learn Chinese, but I wanted to learn more about China, and take a leap of faith and try out my teaching skills.

Cultural Embrace helped me with my visa process, and prepared me for what I thought was going to be a 6 month journey, now has turned into a lifetime, as though it seems.

I've had so many amazing experiences in China. To mention a few: my fiance at the time came to visit me for a month, and he decided to stay and teach. In April 2009, we had a wedding ceremony in Yantai at a nearby Christian church. That was a big event. Over 300 of our students and their families attended. We later had our American wedding back in Washington during the summer. We come home once a year. The friends we've made in Yantai are lifetime friends. Zoe and Molly...I will never forget you.

I've referred several of my friends to Cultural Embrace and they've told me how satisfied they were with the service and communication.

To wrap it up, I just want to say "live your life to the fullest!" Travelling, working, or studying abroad can help expand your world and make it a more abundent place. Thank you.

Peace,
Luan Lierman
Teacher
China



.

No comments: