Thursday, April 14, 2011

April's A-Ha! Travel Moments ~ Tracy Guthrie


For me, traveling to Africa on a volunteer service trip was something I dreamt about for years.  But due to limited resources, time and money, I didn’t think it would ever happen. However, in February of 2010 I was laid off from my job which gave me the availability to go to Kenya for an extended amount of time but made the money part even harder. I immediately started to pray asking God that if His will was for me to go that He help get me there. About two weeks after my prayer, my Dad called and said he got a random check in the mail for the amount of $1350. The money actually came from a savings account my Grandmother set aside before she died in 2003. No one knew about this money. The plane ticket to get to Kenya was $1400. That was my “A-Ha!” moment.  I knew God was leading me to Kenya, so I took the leap of faith and spent six weeks volunteering WWB orphanage. It was the most amazing time of my life.

Tracy Guthrie
Cultural Embrace HUG Kenya 2010

No comments: