Tuesday, April 19, 2011

New People, and Panda Palooza ~Abby Goldstein


My absolutely, unequivocally, beloved readers,
So sorry its been such a long time. First,  I got extremely side-tracked. Then my computer decided we would not be friends for a few days (we have made up since then). Here are the highlights of the last two weeks, I have gotten a few inquiries about when my next post would happen. Once again I am extremely sorry that its taken so long, and am humbled and honored by those of you who read my blog.
Moving on to lighter things, here is what shennanigans I have been getting myself into lately.  Last weekend, I went out with Britt on Friday, we had an absolute blast at Club Muse, minus the fact that we kept losing two of Brittney’s friends, all of whom were extremely nice. I got to see Liangliang (to which I would have formerly said hurray, but due to certain circumstances is no longer the case). I’ve moved on to greener, more English-speaking pastures. The night was pretty fun and at the end of it, we finally found Megan and Sarah… holding different body parts of a mannequin trying to hail a taxi (by the way this was absolutely hysterical to watch, still brings a tear to my eye when I remember it).
I spent all day  Saturday with Britt and her new puppy, Ribbons. We decided to have a picnic. We went food shopping at Walmart (definitely a new experience), and bought the ingredients to make grilled cheese using fish oil (Had a corn-ish flavor). Because the weather was so lovely, we sat out on the little sixth floor garden of Britt’s appartment complex. We had our afternoon tea, and I went home at around 4:30. I then hung out with Amy, a new friend, who goes to university in Michigan (I cant remember which one exactly I will ask her again when I see her next weekend). It was a relatively tame night, and I met some other foreigners as well, like Sam, who I have since run into since our initial encounter (he seems to have it rough, no details on that now though), and Halstene, an awesome girl from Hawaii.
On Tuesday, I was surprised with Pandas, Tina, and Isabella (my previous boss and housemates from my last trip to China) it was absolutely wonderful to see them. I forgot my camera but we spent a good deal of time catching up. They are both doing well. Isabella’s son is almost 4 now. I learned that many of my friends from my previous trip are either in China or have recently been back to China (we all seem to have some unexplainable draw to the place). It sounds as though I may see them again before my trip is over (yay!).
Wednesday I finished my first official job at work (reading, editing, and reworking the website). However, Richard was in the hospital for the last couple of days due to pain in his head,  and so I get my next job assignment on Monday. It sounds as though I will be trained in doing sales as well as reading and editing my co-workers’ e-mails to their English-speaking clients. I was told I will also most likely be in charge of my parents’ trip to Tibet (insert evil laugh here).
Yesterday, aka Friday, I went out with Britt after I bought groceries for the weekend. And thank god I did, my wallet was stolen! Luckily, I still have my phones and passport. But that happened after a pretty wonderful night. I met up with some American clients for dinner, and then went over to see Britt. We went out to Club CC where we met up with Matt (from Orlando), Bruce Wayne (who didn’t tell me his real name, but I learned is from Vegas. He also has a personality that is strikingly similar to those of Pat and Fred, two of my good friends from back in high school), and Kid Pande (native Chinese), all of whom work there and hung out with us throughout the evening. I met a nice girl named Amanda (from Ohio…. I think). I met a ton of other people as well, even picked up a few phone numbers for my Chinese phone (yay!).  Tonight I had dinner with a boy named Josh from Colorado, nice kid I met a while back.
Anyway, I will make it a point to keep my posts consistent from now on, again my apologies!
Ciao ciao,
Abby

No comments: