Saturday, April 10, 2010

All Aboard - Good ole American Style! - by Emlyn Lee

Since I grew up in the metro DC area, and love New York, I'd cruise up and down I-95 with friends, family, Peter Pan, and Greyhound. While you can't beat road trips with friends and family, and always have random stories riding on Greyhound or Peter Pan buses, I wanted to share a new enjoyable way of getting between these two great cities. Tripperbus.com, a fairly new bus shuttle service that offers wi-fi, electrical outfits, and cordial drivers that are articulate on the microphone.

Who would have thought that I would be writing a blog, checking Facebook, and sending out work emails, while going through the Baltimore Harbor Tunnel? This brings a whole new meaning to multi-tasking!

I just did a whirlwind business trip along the East coast the past five days, promoting Cultural Embrace from Maryland to New Haven, CT and return via a night stopover in New York City last night. I was debating whether to hire a car, thinking that it would give me more freedom and accessibility to see and do more things with my limited schedule. On the contrary, I think I saved more time, money, and stress taking these public transportation. I was able to work while traveling, enjoyed the scenic drive, met strangers on the train and bus, and reduced my stress level battling East Coast traffic.

I first took the Amtrak (amtrak.com) train from Maryland to New Haven, CT. I have ridden trains across China, Vietnam, Europe, Australia, yet never embraced Amtrak in my own country. But am jazzed about my wonderful experience. From the clean carts, to electrical outlet access to keep my laptop juiced up, to the friendly conductors, and timely schedule, I am All Aboard the public transportation system that we have in our own backyard.

No comments: