Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Bids, Bids, and More Bids - by Emlyn Lee

I'm taking a break from writing up bids and proposals for 2011 trips. There are many schools requesting international opportunities--yay! I'm thrilled about that! But the formal process, particularly state funded schools--whoa, it is tedious. I'm working on one now that the proposal details are 48 pages! Most request formal response with anywhere between 4-8 copies, bounded, original ones notarized, etc. I'm happy and willing to do it all, I'll give them my blood if it offers more young adults to gain international exposure and a first-hand view of our world.

But man, would be great if there were some on-line and paperless options. Perhaps I'll propose a 'green' version of bids to state schools?! :)

Ok, back to the drawing boards. Now I know why we were taught how to write footnotes, addendums, and roman numeral outlines in grade school!

No comments: