Sunday, June 20, 2010

Goodbye Guilin, Goodbye Brit Chris - by Chris Schave, CE Adviser in China

Last day in Guilin. Actually, we’re leaving about 1 or 2, so it’s not even a full day. After the rain slowed up a bit yesterday, we went back to the mall to watch Shanghai with John Cusack. I’m not sure I would have picked him for that part, but he did a good enough job I guess.

Before the movie, we went back to the arcade. It got a little ridiculous. We were on a mission to win tickets so we could buy stupid crappy prizes. It was all about the fans. The fan I won had mugs of beer on it. It’s pretty awesome! We also went back on the bumper cars and I thought Lee about knocked some younger girl out. He hit her straight on. It was pretty amazing, and quite possibly the funniest thing I saw all day. Those Chinese kids are resilient.

After the movie we went back to the hostel to regroup. We met a Canadian girl, Holly, and her English friend, James. They were really cool, so we invited them to go to the Irish bar with us. It was a great addition to our little group. Nothing to speak of at the Irish pub. Just watched the game and headed back to the hostel and watched the next game in our room.

Now it’s morning and I’m leaving Chris here when I go back to Yangshou. He’ll hop on a plane to Mongolia tonight. I have been really lucky to have him on my program here. We were talking about it this morning and both of our trips would have been drastically different without the other.

Now I have to get ready to catch a bus.

Also, my Dad pointed out that I had a sentence that just ended in a previous post that didn't make sense and a misused "than" or "then." Sorry for that, but I can't find it in the blog to change it.

Chris- Adviser Abroad China

Cultural Embrace @ www.culturalembrace.com

www.flickr.com/photos/cschave

No comments: