Wednesday, June 23, 2010

USA USA USA!!!! and england... - by Chris Schave, CE Adviser in China

Sweet mother of Mary! I am excited that the US won their game last night. We had a lot of chances to score, and finally made it. I screamed like I have never screamed before. That would have been fine, but I was one of two people yelling, and I am pretty sure I looked like an idiot.  I didn’t care, we won!

Also, a shout out to Brit Chris and his country’s win. We’re both going through buddy!

So yesterday morning we woke up at the house in the village. It was a great morning and the sun was shining. I walked around and took some pictures of the house for Isabella. I felt fine after all the bijou, but Lee was not doing so well. Just a reminder, he drank more bijou than I thought possible the night before.  He got up and got breakfast. After him, Vicky, and myself went for a walk. Lee was hurting pretty good the whole time. He made a couple mad dashes for the bushes. Poor fella getting bullied into drinking bijou. After our walk I took care of some editing and took it easy.

Around three, we left for the town to attend more festivities. On the way it started pouring down rain. We decided it would be best just to get back to Yangshou, so we  got a taxi back. The afternoon was fairly uneventful up until the game.

Today, I am going to do more rock climbing. I feel much better today then I did Tuesday when I went.
Not a bad dinner. Notice all the cups with red liquid, BIJOU!!!
Lee and his drinking partner. Both drunk at that point. Don't worry, it truly is part of the culture.

Chris- Adviser Abroad China

Cultural Embrace @ www.culturalembrace.com

www.flickr.com/photos/cschave

No comments: