Thursday, July 1, 2010

Peanutsicles - by Chris Schave, CE Adviser in China

I forgot to write yesterday, but nothing of great importance really happened. I did go into the small town here to pick up some random stuff. One of the boys came running after me when he saw me leave the gate. I could hear his little sandals slapping the ground as he chased after me. I took my camera in hope so get some shots. When we got to town, I bought us both popsicles. What I thought was some fruit ended up being peanut flavor. Gross! I ended up stopping at another shop and picking up different flavor. It wasn’t much better. When we got back the little guy had barely finished his first popsicle and I was a little concerned the others would be jealous. To my surprise the director had picked up ice cream for everyone, so they thought he just got his there. As we got to the gate the little guy went inside and I continued walking down the road. It was a gorgeous day and I was excited to see what was down the road from where I am staying. I ended up finding another lake with a few house on it. Some of the pictures turned out really well. The afternoon was pretty low key. One of the children had found an American football, so I pumped it up and taught some of the kids to play catch. They were pretty bad at it, but I think growing up playing gave me a slight advantage. The little girls were adorable. I would toss the ball in the air and when it landed it would jump around like a Mexican jumping bean and they would chase it. They thought it was hilarious. After dinner, I retreated back to my room and watched some podcasts and went to bed.

Chris- Adviser Abroad China

Cultural Embrace @ www.culturalembrace.com

www.flickr.com/photos/cschave

No comments: