Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Dad's House - by Tracy Guthrie, CE Adviser in Africa

I drove to Dallas today. My dad is watching Roxy (THANK YOU, DAD!) and becuase I fly out of DFW. I leave in 30 hours.

My journal entry and prayers for today:
I pray for a safe trip, a trip thath will allow me to share God's love and a trip that will not only change my life but others as well. God, I pray you give me the wisdom to know where you want me, how to help someone, where you need me, and the courage, wisdom, love, grace, compassion and faith to make your will be done.

I pray and give thanks for Priscilla. I thank you for her kindess and spirit. You have blown me away with your gifts this season. Please forgive me and my moments of uncertainty. I still have doubts even when you showed your love and power to me.

I thank you for Martha, Pacomis and Samuel. They are kind souls who are willing to help a perfect stranger. I pray you give them the resources they need and you fill their hearts with joy. I ask you take on any burden they may have today.

I thank you for all the support I am getting from friends and family. I pray they get inspired to do something to draw them closer to you.

I thank you for my friendship with Marlo. She and I had dinner tonight at my favorite restaraunt in Arlington, Royal Panda. She drove from Dallas in crazy traffic to see me before I left. Not only that, she contributed some money to the trip. She is not working right now, so that is a total act of love. I pray you give her love in return for her gift to me.

I am still feeling a little anxious. Like there is still so much to do. I guess at this point, if it isn't done I don't need it.

I don't feel like praying for anyone else right now. I hope you understand. Maybe I will feel like praying for them later today.

No comments: