Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Guess I did need a few more things - by Tracy Guthrie, CE Adviser in Africa

I talked with Priscilla today about what to get Martha and Pacomis as a thank you gift. I already got a bag of chili powder (don't even know if they have ground beef to eat over there) and a prayer necklace for Martha. But I still felt like I should do something more. I thought about money for their time and travel, but I am not sure that is appropriate.

Priscilla said money is appropriate and would not be offensive. Especially since you never know what someone will like. She also said Martha can't get shoes over there like we have here. She recommeded a black pair of Easy Spirit walking shoes.

Guess I am off to the mall to get the shoes. It makes me feel better knowing I am giving something she will actually use.

No comments: