Monday, March 22, 2010

Embracing the Culture called Social Media - by Emlyn Lee

The time has come for me to bite the bullet and embrace...social media. You would think for someone that started a business, enjoys writing, and thrives off of connecting people to life-rewarding experiences, I would relish off of this phenomenon. Unfortunately, I tend to live in the Flintstones age when it comes to technology, yet I will put the turkey leg down, ignore the 'would ofs,' 'could ofs,' and 'should ofs,' and move forward, to say...WELCOME, and THANK YOU for reading this!

My friends, family, staff, and clients frequently ask me where I am, what I am doing, and how to keep in touch. I travel a lot to promote Cultural Embrace, attend industry conferences, visit sites, meet partners, see friends and family. So hopefully through my blogs, Twitter, Facebook, and other social media tools, together, we are able to connect, learn, grow, and explore exciting life-rewarding experiences. I stress the word, together, because I want to hear what you have to say, and encourage you to share your opinions, questions, and feedback.

I want you to know what Cultural Embrace is all about. You deserve to feel comfortable with a company that is trying to make you feel at-ease with going abroad. I started Cultural Embrace in 2002 as a direct result of 9/11/01 attacks. My main drive was to initiate peace, cultural sensitivity, and to re-awaken the 'tourism' industry, but selfishly, I wanted to combine my passion and 'hobbies'--travel, education, helping others, with work. (I'm sure I will blog more about C.E.'s history later, so if you have any questions, please ask away.)

I may have a lot to learn about utilizing social media, but am excited to keep you informed of what is going on at Cultural Embrace. So here is to another adventure...one that doesn't entail a passport, a map, or guidebook; but practice, for it to become my new hobby.

No comments: