Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Fun at Wally - World - by Tracy Guthrie, CE Adviser in Africa

I just had the most fun at Wal-Mart, which is uncommon. I spent about two hours buying toys, clothes, games, color books, etc. for the kids at the orphanage. I think it may be the first time I went shopping and didn't buy anything for myself. Well I did buy some travel size items for my trip, but I don't think that counts.

You should try it out. The next time you go to Wal-Mart or Target, buy something for someone else. You don't have to buy something for a child in need or spend a lot of money. Think about getting an encouraging card for a friend, a loved ones' favorite DVD or a candy bar for your co-worker. It doesn't really matter, it is the simple act that will brighten their day.

Task for the day: Simply love someone

No comments: