Monday, August 16, 2010

Beijing - by Chris Schave

Well, I made it to Beijing today. We left the school in the middle of a torrential down poor! The roads were flooding bad, as Yantai has nothing in the way of water run off. It must not rain that much there. Some spot I could hear the water slapping against the doors on the van. We made it though. I flew out with the C/Katherines and our flight was delayed by about an hour I think. Couldn’t say for sure because I really never looked at the time. The flight did go quickly. I am pretty sure the pilot had the throttle hammered down the whole flight!

When I got to the the Beijing Airport I said goodbye to the girls. I was late for my check-in, so it quick. Now I am at the hostel and have booked a tour for the Great Wall in the morning. Good stuff. Lots of pics to post after that, I’m sure!

Chris out!

No comments: