Thursday, August 26, 2010

il pleut - By Stephanie Pratt

Bonjour!

I arrived in Les Vesinet this morning! It's beautiful here, the house looks like something out of an old book. The flight was long and hard, I didn't sleep much so I'm really really tired. Its 1030pm here and my bed is calling me and inticing me to go to sleep. Je suis fatigue, Marguax taught me that today. Let me start from the begining. I woke up at my house CA time 6am. I got ready, some of my good friends came over to see me off and soon i was on my way to the airport. The car ride there was filled with anxiety ridden chat. My friend amanda was luckily there to help calm me down. My dad drove and my mother sat in the front, and she radiated sadness and worry. She would glance back reach for my hand and give me a couple tight squeezes every now and again. All i could think was how much i was going to miss her. But despite the sadness of leaving the excitment of starting a new journey was bubbling inside me. I arrived at the airport, and a million hours later (really only like 16 hours) I was in Paris! I grabbed my luggage and as soon as i stepped out of the terminal there was my host family waiting.

I had thought of this moment time and time again. How am I suppose to great them? Are they going to think I'm a dumb american girl? But these horrible thoughts slide out of my head as soon as Chloe ran up and hugged me. After a traditional french introduction kisses and all, we we're off to the house. The kids seemed very excited and really wanted to speak with me as much as they could. Margaux showed off her counting with Chole counting all the way to 13 in english. Romain asked me simple question, and most importantly about Harry Potter. He loves Harry Potter, and so do I! We pulled up to their beautiful house and i was greeted by mimi! The cutest cat I've ever seen. She literailly looks french. Soon I was being shown around the house and soon I was in my room getting ready to shower.

It was the most confusing yet refreshign shower ever! After unpacking and sharing some of my things with the children it was time for lunch. It was delicious, tomatoes in olive oil for starting, chicken for the meal and apple sauce for dessert. After a wonderful lunch outside on the patio, me and the children settled down to watch Harry Potter. Harry is even more magical when he speaks french! Soon after that a little nap and then it was time for dinner. I was still super full from lunch but ate a little anyway. I had a salad and a little pasta. And now I'm here reflecting on my exciting day and wonderful day. And now I'm off to get some much needed sleep.

Bonne nuit!
Stephanie Pratt
European Adviosr Abroad

No comments: