Sunday, May 23, 2010

Cavin' in Guilin - by Chris Schave, CE Adviser in China

Today I went to some caves outside the city. I guess "some caves" is a bit of an understatement. It was a pretty grand cave with elaborate chambers. The pictures will tell more than I can describe. On the way I sat next to a girl from Gangzhou, and she helped me quite a bit. Her English was actually quite good. The Caves were amazing and I think I got some great pictures.

Next we went to a small village that had waterfalls coming sown from peaks next to it. We hiked to the top of the peaks and it was a lot of walking. On my way up the mountain side I realized that I was the most popular guy on the trail. Everyone wanted to talk to and take pictures with the white guy. Even the people on my bus wanted to take pictures with me. By the end of the trip the old folks on the bus even accepted me as one of their own.

I have to get to bed because I have been walking literally all day long. I will post pictures tomorrow and write more. I am headed to a small village tomorrow, but I should have wifi there, so I will keep updated. Until then...

Chris- Adviser Abroad China

No comments: