Monday, May 17, 2010

Two more days!!! - by Chris Schave, CE Adviser in China

[gallery]

I'm glad to see my little Madison.

First off, Happy 30th Anniversary to my parents! I'd like to point out it has been a happy 30 years.

Leg one of my journey is complete. I flew into Washington Saturday after a long day of moving and cleaning. I didn't sleep well at all Friday night because of the most intense thunder and lightning I think I've ever heard and seen.

My departure from Texas was bitter sweet. I had the chance to see most of my friends before I left. It’s a strange time of year. A lot of people leave right after finals, so I missed out on seeing a few friends.

For those that followed my Facebook in Europe, you may remember a little thing I did called “Schava Schave on.” Basically, these were posts where I would write tips and observations concerning traveling. Some others were about other random topics. I had some more observations the other day while flying. First, I don’t know that I have ever had my bags come out first at the baggage claim. At best I’m usually some where in the middle. Next, headphones are a wonderful asset when dealing with annoying passengers. Just put them in and ignore away!

While here at my parents place I need to go through my large bag and get rid of some of the heavier items. The bag weighed around 70 lbs and cost me an extra $100.

Other random news:

I saw my grades for this semester. 4 A’s and B. I’m a little disappointed, but I know I shouldn’t be.

I lost my new debit card the other day so Wells Fargo is shipping me a new one with express service at no charge. My bad!

I’m headed to work right now with my dad. He’s a contractor and I’m not really looking forward to it, but I don’t mind keeping him company. The only thing is that my neck is messed up. It has something to do with me grabbing a towel that was over my head in the shower. I have troubles turning my head now and I look ridiculous. I’ll be better soon… I think.

I leave Wednesday for China. The flight will leave from Portland, Oregon and go to LA. I have a few hour layover there and then I am headed off to some city in China (not sure the name). After landing there I have a couple hours then I’m off to Guilin. My program starts on Monday, so I think I will have a few days to run around the town.

--Chris Schave
CE Adviser Abroad in China

2 comments:

Gaylene Schave said...

Awsome Chris! We are so proud of you! Have fun, learn lots, but be safe!

Aunti G

Jeff said...

Enjoy your trip Mr. Schave! I've briefly read a
few of your blogs and they're interesting thus far. I can only imagine how much better they're going to be. You're a smart guy and like you said u international business majors need to stick together. By the way, I pulled a 'B' out of 'ecerra'. Woo-hoo! However, I bombed the geography final. It did damage, but I passed. Went into the final 3 points from an A and ended up with a F£€*%ing C. 30% of my grade after working so hard went to S!#T . Whatever. Well, I just wanted to wish you the best of luck along your journey and thank you for helping me out this semester. It helped a lot! Oh, and I read you'll be from where I was born. Portland, OR..sincerely jealous. Have fun man! See ya around the globe sometime.

Jeff