Sunday, May 9, 2010

Trial pack #2

Today I repacked everything to make sure it would all fit after making adjustments to my packing list. It's looking pretty good.

I keep thinking of issues I had while in Italy regarding the language barrier. Since being in the Air Force, I haven't been able to grow my hair out (on my own accord). I don't think it looks good, and it bugs me to have hair touching my ears. That being said, I needed a hair cut in Italy. When I got to the place, I quickly realized that no one there spoke English of French, and my Italian is pretty much non existent. We communicated through hand gestures and got it figured out. Well, I have a feeling that it will be a little more difficult in China, so I came up with a plan. It's very dorky and I could name at least five of my friends that would make fun of me, but I think it's a good idea. I cut a picture from a magazine of the hair cut I would like, and wrote in English and Chinese, "Do I need an appointment?" I should probably ask the price as well... I posted a picture of this along with my pre and post pack. Until next time...

-Chris, Adviser Abroad in China

[gallery]

No comments: