Monday, May 31, 2010

Flashback - 04/11/2010 - Letter of Love - by Tracy Guthrie, CE Adviser in Africa


Right after dinner tonight Anima, whom I have mentioned before, sheepishly and quietly handed me something. She smiled and whispered "don't read this until you are alone."

So I came directly back to my dorm room to read it. She handmade an envelope with a piece of paper, and put a note inside. There are no words to describe the feeling that came over me. The letter was an answer to one of my prayers. I have been doubtful if I have a purpose at the orphanage and think maybe I should just throw in the towel. The minute I started to read the rainbow marker colored words on her note, I knew this was God's doing. He knew I was doubting, and needs me to stay. I am still not certain why or what I am supposed to do here, but I have to find faith to do so. Wouldn't it be great if we could find our faith in a lost-in-found box? Or nail a sign up on a tree with the words "LOST FAITH. IF FOUND PLEASE CALL 512-788-4749. REWARD."

I hope you enjoy the letter as much as I do.

GOD CREATED US TO SERVE. NO EXCUSES. TAKE ACTION.

No comments: