Sunday, May 16, 2010

Fraise - by Stephanie Pratt, CE Adviser in France

Hello,
Its time to really start thinking about how to spend my most American/Californian summer ever! Today the Ninot family offered me an official placement!!!! I can't wait to start getting everything together, getting my visa and signing up for the Au Pair classes. I'm so excited! My start date is a lot later than I had anticipated, August 26th, but I'm still making it back home by July 2011 to make the school year. I'll be living in
Le Vesinet, just a 20 min train ride to Paris. I have my own bedroom in their beautiful 9 bedroom 3 story house! I'll be caring for 3 children, Romain (11), Chloe (8) and Margaux (4). My typical day will be to walk the children to school, then free time until around 4 when the children are out of school. I'll probably be doing my online school work, I'm taking a couple classes online through my college, or maybe this will be when my Au Pair classes are. Then I will walk them home, make a snack, play, help with homework, help them with bath time and make dinner for me and the children. Their parents Claire and David will be coming home around dinner time and then I'm free again. I have all weekends off and get a train pass. The Ninot family are very welcoming and friendly. I'm really looking forward to working with them and living in France.

First on my list of best last summer before France: Disneyland :D
Any suggestions for next week?

Stephanie Pratt
Au Pair Adviser Abroad

No comments: