Thursday, May 6, 2010

Visa - by Chris Schave, CE Adviser in China

I went down to Houston yesterday to pick up my Chinese visa. I really don't understand the consulate down there. They have 6 windows, and both times that I have been there, they only had 3 people working. One drop off, on notarizer, and a pick up person. The drop off and pick up lines were at a constant 15-20 person length, and the notorizer had no one in her line. I think they may need to hire more people.... Regardless of the wait, I now have the visa in my possession! I was going to post a pic of it, but I'm not sure the legality and safety issues that go along with that.

My new camera lens is getting here today, and hopefully my new bags arrive soon. I will start packing up my apartment today... I hate procrastinating, so I will be making a few trips to my storage unit this week.

I leave one week from Saturday for WA and a week and 6 days until China!!! Not that I'm counting or anything.

--Chris Schave
CE Adviser Abroad in China

No comments: