Monday, May 31, 2010

Escewz me teasher - by Chris Schave, CE Adviser in China

Today has been pretty uneventful with the exception of teaching at a local school. It was actually really fun and I had them laughing a lot. I hope that I taught them some English, or at least how to pronounce things better. I had two classes that were about nine years old. The first class new English pretty well, but a lot of them were pretty hyper and acting out. I’m not good at disciplining, but I did grab a kid’s desk and move it to the front of the class. He kept bugging the girl next to him, so I moved away from her at first. He then started messing with things on the other desk next to him. That’s when I moved it to the front of the class. He did not like that, but he started behaving.

The little boys were totally trying to show off for us, and most of the little girls got very shy when we would smile at them. It was all very cute. I enjoyed teaching, but it’s not going to be a career move for me.

I am starting to get annoyed by some things here. One, mosquitoes! I have so many bites from the night at the crappy hotel. And two, everything being wet. The moisture in the air just sticks to everything. My sheets are always slightly damp. Like I have said in the past though, in the long run, my memories won’t be of damp sheets or mosquito bites.

I think Chris and I are going to go for a jog. This will interesting. I’m sure we’ll get lots of funny looks. People that work in fields 9 hours a day don’t really need to work out, so they might just think we’re in a hurry to get somewhere dressed funny. Until next time…

Chris- Adviser Abroad China

Cultural Embrace

www.culturalembrace.com

www.cschave.blog.com

www.flickr.com/photos/cschave

No comments: