Saturday, May 15, 2010

Flashback - 4.1.10 - Prayer for guidance on contribution - by Tracy Guthrie, CE Adviser in Africa

God, I thank you so much for giving me the money to take this trip. I don't know how you got all these wonderful people inspired to contribute, but it is AWESOME!
I think I will have about $1000 to give to the orphange. I pray that you help me make a wise decision on how you want the money to be used, and not just give on my terms. I just want to be a good steward of your money.

Should I tell Geoffrey that I am considering making a donation but want to see how things operate first? Is that appropriate? Or should I just observe and make the decision once I am settled in? I am not sure if it would be demanding or condesending to say "I have money to give, but only if you operate your organization as I see fit." Who am I to know what is the best way to run an oprhanage in Kenya? I guess that is what you are for, God :) It is all up to you! Just let me know which direction you want me to take.

No comments: