Saturday, May 15, 2010

Orchirds in the Moonlight - by Stephanie Pratt, CE Adviser in France

Hi everyone! :)

So I talked to the Ninot family, and they're wonderful! Very nice and accommodating. They seem like a great family. We had a phone interview and I even talked to their past au pair and she had nothing but nice things to say about them. However, they emailed me on thursday and told me that they'd email me tomorrow (friday) with an answer-- either a formal offer or a pass. I'm still waiting for this email days later. The agency that the Ninot family is working with however emailed me the same day and said its a French holiday weekend and that the agency would contact me on monday. So, I don't know what to do!!! I have another family viewing my profile that I'm interested in as well, so if for a sad reason the Ninot family does not offer me a placement I hopefully have another family I can go with. This week has been crazy and its hard not to get lost and caught up in the confusing of placements. I just got to remember that when the right family is there it will work out.

At least there's only one more week of school and its summer time! Before I go to France for a year, I've decided I need to experience the most American, most Californian summer ever!!!!! Beach, hot dogs, BBQ's, slip'n'slide.... any suggestions?

Stephanie Pratt
Au Pair Advisor Abroad

No comments: