Saturday, May 15, 2010

Flashback - 4/1/10 - Excitement comes back - by Tracy Guthrie, CE Adviser in Africa

The anxiety has gone out the window and the excitment and pure
joy is back.

God, I want the rest of the world to experience this joy and happiness. I know the only reason I am able to feel these feelings is because of you. Before I let you in my life, I was lost and confused. I thought I could find happiness in money, clothes, bars, men, and reality TV shows. I still enjoy all of those thigns, but they don't bring me true joy. I imagine the reason I feel this joy is becuase I am doing what you created me for. Thank you for guiding me to this place. I sure didn't find it on my own.

God, please give me the words to share the story you want to be told. This is your story, and I hope I can introduce you to others this way.

Mom and Marlo are on my mind. God, I pray you put the right job in Marlo's path. I pray she find what she enjoys to do and have the opportunity to explore it.

God, as you know mom is crazy nervous about my trip. I pray you calm her nerves and diminsh her fears. I pray you fill her heart with peace knowing this is your doing and you have me in your hands.

I do want to come back alive and without harm. I want to live more and see what you have planned for me. But I am also okay if something happens and I die. It is REALLY weird to say that, but I imagine if something does happen my story might inspire others to grow in relationship with you. Please don't take this to mean I want to die, but it feels good to know be overwhelmed with anxiety about the outcome of this trip.

No comments: